Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pat Robertson is Wrong Yet Again

Just to keep you all from breaking Formspring by overloading it with queries, yes, I know Pat Robertson said divorcing spouses afflicted with Alzheimer's is acceptable because it is a 'kind of death." As usual, he is being bigoted and un-Biblical. I am certain his behavior comes as much of a shock to you as it does to me. By tomorrow, we will probably learn his wife has Alzheimer's.

Yes, I went to law school at his Regent University. Yes, I went in spite of robertson, not because of him. Yes, I regret attending. No, there is nothing i can do about it now. No, i am not responsible for what Robertson says. No, I am not responsible for what he says because my diploma has his signature on it. No, he is not representative of Christian belief. no, the words or action of one Christian are not enough to condemn the entire religion.

Have I covered everything? I have had to run through this routine like a fire drill many times since setting foot on the Regent university campus ten years ago. I am confident I have it down pat--no pun intended--but things have a way of sneaking up on you and gouging your eyes out, which I cannot afford. I only have one left, and it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment